Looking for an English-speaking Psychiatrist in Korea
- Below is a list of English-speaking Psychiatrists in Korea that we compiled to help you find a medical doctor in Korea to obtain a prescription for psychiatric medication.
- If you are looking for an English-speaking psychologist or therapist for mental health counseling instead, you can visit us at Seoul Counseling Center: www.SeoulCounseling.com
- The major difference between provider types is that Psychiatrists typically prescribe medication, whereas Psychologists and Therapists offer mental health counseling (such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other forms of psychological and behavioral therapies).
- Below is the list of Psychiatrists for medication.
Seoul Area (서울)
Seoul National University Hospital, International Healthcare Center
- Phone: 02-2072-0505 (English)
- Website: http://www.snuh.org/global/en/patients/EN02002001.do
- Area: Near Hyehwa Station, Number 4 line Exit 3 (8~10-minute walk towards 분 거리)
- Address: 101, Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03080
서울특별시 종로구 대학로 101(연건동 28)
- Email: email@example.com
- Psychiatrist’s Name: Dr. Sang-Jin Rhee (이상진)
International Clinic (국제의원)
- Phone: 02-790-0857~9
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.internationalclinic.co.kr
- Area: Near Itaewon Station, Exit 2 (5-minute walk)
- Address: Suite 501, Global Village Center Building, 211, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
서울시 용산구 이태원로 211 한남빌딩 501호
TRUE MIND Mental Health Clinic
- Phone: 02-568-0005
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://truemind.co.kr/58
- Area: Near Yeoksam Station, Exit 4 (1-minute walk)
- Address: Suite 702, KR Tower, Teheran-ro 141, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
서울시 강남구 테헤란로 141 KR타워 702호
Maum Dream Clinic (마음드림의원)
- Phone: 02-535-8887
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://maumdream.com/?page_id=360
- Area: Near Naebang Station, Exit 7 (10-minute walk)
- Address: 4th Floor, Yungsung uilding, 230-1, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 06584
서울시 서초구 방배로 230-1 융성빌딩 4층
St. Mary’s Hospital, International Health Care Center in Seoul
- Phone: 02-1588-1511
- Email: NA
- Website: https://www.cmcseoul.or.kr/en.common.main.main.sp
- Area: Near Express Bus Terminal Station (5-minute walk)
- Address: 222 Banpo-Daero, Seocho-Gu, Seoul, Korea
서울시 서초구 반포대로 222 가톨릭대학교 서울성모병원
English-speaking Psychiatrists Outside of Seoul?
Here is a list of English-speaking Psychiatrists outside of Seoul that we compiled to help you connect with a medical doctor in Korea to obtain a prescription for psychiatric medication.
Pyeongtaek Area (평택)
St. Mary’s Hospital, International Health Care Center in Pyeongtaek
- Phone: 031-652-8848
- On-Call Doctor: 010-8700-3163 (24-hour on-call doctor / English available)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://medicalkiosk.micehub.com/web/sub1/4/401/135?hl=en
- Address: 1F, 284, Pyeongtaek-ro, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do (Seogyo-dong)
경기 평택시 평택로 284
Chuncheon (Gangwon-do) Area
Hallym University Chuncheon Sacred Heart Hospital, Sanggyu Lee MD, PhD.
- Phone: 033-240-5000
- Email: NA
- Website: https://eng.hallym.or.kr/hallymuniv_sub.asp?left_menu=left_hospitals&screen=ptp201d
- Address: 4-2, Gyo-dong, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, Korea
강원도 춘천시 교동 4-2
Kangwon National University Hospital, Jongik Park MD, PhD.
- Phone: 1588-5644
- Email: NA
- Website: https://m.knuh.or.kr/medical/doc_info.asp?part_dep=23
- Address: 156, Baengnyeong-ro, Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do, Korea
강원도 춘천시 백령로 156
Questions to ask Psychiatrist
- What are some expected side-effects of the medication?
- How frequently should I come back to check for any needed dosage adjustments, and/or change of medication type?
- What are the different types of medications to treat my disorder (since there are usually different types available), and what are the pros and cons of each.
*Disclaimer. This listing is purely informational and none of the listings above indicate any particular endorsements on behalf of the Seoul Counseling Center. We encourage all clients to contact their clinic of choice above (or elsewhere) and inquire further, as needed, to ensure good fit.
**Note. You should not feel pressured to receive both medication and counseling from your Psychiatrist, especially if you are already receiving counseling services at a clinic elsewhere. If you are offered counseling services from your Psychiatrist in addition to medication, it is your choice on what to do. In most cases, you should be able to receive only medication from your Psychiatrist without also having to receive counseling from him/her (especially if you are already seeing a counselor elsewhere).