We test for the following areas
- Academic Achievement / Educational Placement
- IQ & Intellectual Functioning
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Evaluations
- Psycho-Educational Evaluations
- Personality Testing
- Suicide Risk & Safety Planning
- Social-Emotional Strengths Assessment
Common disorders evaluated at our Center include
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Emotional Disorders (Anxiety / Depression)
- Behavioral Disorders (Oppositional Defiant Disorder / Conduct Disorder)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger syndrome)
- Learning Disabilities (Reading / Writing / Mathematics)
You may need psychological testing if:
- Someone referred you (or your child) for an evaluation.
- You are looking for testing accommodations on a standardized test.
- There has been a recent change in yourself (or child) that you’d like to better understand.
- You’ve suspected you may have a particular disorder, but you want to confirm that suspicion with a professional (to better understand yourself, and/or inform future treatment).
The 3 Basic Steps for Psychological Testing includes
One of our Seoul Counseling Center Psychologists will meet with you for a 50-minute pre-screening consultation to determine which testing areas are most appropriate for your situation. There may be times when this pre-screening is not necessary.
On your next visit to our Center, you will complete testing based on the pre-screening consultation. Depending on the area(s) tested, testing may include the following types of tests and activities, which may be completed in a single day, or across multiple days:
- Computer-based tasks
- Cognitive & memory tasks
- Behavioral performance tasks
- Clinical questionnaires
- Clinical interviews
Approximately 4-6 weeks later, your Seoul Counseling Center Psychologist will meet with you for a 50-minute appointment to (a) review and explain the results (including any diagnoses), and (b) review and explain all relevant treatment recommendations and follow-up support options.
The Costs of Psych Testing
The Psychological Testing options above are typically done as part of a full-battery assessment, involving a variety of standardized tests and information collected from multiple informants.
The in-person testing can take 3-8 hours, with additional information gathering from other informants taking an additional 4-6 hours. Scoring tests, interpreting results, formulating diagnoses, writing up the report, and creating customized treatment recommendations can take an additional 6-8 hours.
This comprehensive assessment process can thus involve 10 to 25+ hours for the assessor. Fees typically range from $2000 to $4000, and sometimes more, depending on the numbers of tests included. International Insurance usually covers testing fees at our center. Contact us for more details by filling out the Psych Testing Contact Form below.