Andrea Biggers-Tabaqueroi, MS, LMSW
Andrea has received Social Work and Case Management training in a variety of settings, including:
- Women’s Shelter (Georgia)
- Family Shelter and Veteran’s Homeless Services (Texas)
- Multiple BH Inpatient Units 2014-2019 (Texas, Virginia)
She recently worked as a Coordinator and ARC specialist in Virginia, specializing in telemedicine. This included the assessment and referral process for patients and coordinating outpatient services.
My primary approach is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as I believe that changing thought processes in turn change how one behaves and feels. CBT is a structured approach centered around listening to the client, setting relevant and meaningful goals, and empowering the client. I help my clients become more self-aware of their thoughts and challenges that hinder them from dealing more effectively with stressful situations, feelings, and issues. I also support my clients’ self-care by aiding in their learning about how to better cope and become more resilient.
I also utilize the Holistic approach based on problems presented. Considering the person as a whole rather than just their diagnoses. I believe that one’s social factors, spiritual connectedness, and mental health all play a major role in a person’s well-being. Motivational Interviewing also allows me to help motivate my clients to better assess their own behaviors, encouraging and fostering natural change to move forward toward a more positive direction in life.
- Adjustment Stress
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Family Conflict
- Parenting Stress
- Self Esteem
- Social Skills & Peer Relationships
Some of my hobbies include watching Korean Drama for the last 11 years and Karaoke. I have attempted to become the next “American Idol” three times which was a great experience. I enjoy attending Kpop concerts with teenage daughter and have been deemed the “coolest Kpop Mom”.
- AA: Barstow Community College (2010, Social Sciences)
- BS: University of Phoenix (2012, Psychology)
- MS: University of Southern California (2014, Social Work -Military concentration)
- Licensed Master Social Worker (TX, USA:#60283)
- Licensed Master Social Worker (VA, USA: #0903002442)