There are sometimes things in life that feel unbearable, with no seeming end in sight. This is not the life we wanted. We feel stuck, alone, and with no one on our side. We feel like a burden to the world, and ignored and attacked by others.
We therefore sometimes think about ending our life, as we don’t know how to escape or win. We may then start to:
- have frequent thoughts of death and dying
- have the desire to die
- make plans and take steps to prepare end our lives
- make suicidal gestures or attempts.
If you find yourself feeling suicidal, please know there are other ways to move forward.
As tempting as suicide may feel at times, there are other ways to overcome the pains of life. We understand the realities of your struggles. They are real. But we need to remember that there are other ways to deal with and face them, and that when we do, life can and usually does get better.
Our U.S. Licensed Psychologists and Therapists are trained to help you overcome feelings of suicide and help you through even the most challenging times.
So choose to stay…
For Emergencies in South Korea
- please call 119 immediately and/or go directly to an Emergency Room at your nearest hospital; or
- call Korea’s Suicide Hotline: 1588-9191
For Emergencies in the USA
- call 911 and/or visit an Emergency Room at your nearest hospital;
- call the Suicide Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255; or
- visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
For Support in Korea:
- Contact one of our counselors (or any other professional in Korea).
- See our blog posts for more useful information;
- you are not alone and you are not a burden.
- the world and people around you do need you.
- you can and do make a difference.
- hard times do pass, and there is light in better places waiting for you.
- we can find the strength to overcome.
-Dr. Chad, Seoul Counseling Center
IT COULD BE TIME TO REACH OUT FOR HELP.
Fill out the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible!