Kelly Park, M.A.
This therapist has over 6 years of experience.
Kelly Park, M.A., was born and raised in South Korea. She moved to America when she was 18 years old and lived in different parts of America, including Nevada and Illinois in her twenties.
Kelly moved back to Korea in 2012 and has since been teaching university psychology courses and helping people overcome their psychological challenges as a therapist.
Currently, Kelly is also employed at a psychiatric clinic, treating adults and adolescents experiencing anxiety, depression, sexual trauma, PTSD, mood regulation problems, self-harmful behavior, interpersonal problems, and adjustment difficulties.
As a therapist, I’m committed to creating an environment where my clients feel safe, supported, and understood. I believe this is the most important job as a therapist so that clients can increase their awareness of themselves and their surroundings to promote meaningful change in their lives.
I take an integrative approach to provide a tailored treatment to meet the needs of the individual client. Specific techniques and approaches that I utilize include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-based Interventions: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Trauma-focused therapies: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure, and trauma-informed mindfulness
- Client-Centered Therapy
- Adjustment Stress
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Bipolar Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Self Esteem
- Social Skills & Peer Relationships
- Trauma / PTSD
Music is my other passion. I love singing and playing the piano. I am a big fan of the works of Schumann, Beethoven, and Chopin. Recently, I’ve been taking voice lessons. I can’t say though that I am a great singer!
- MA: Eastern Illinois University (Clinical Psychology)
- BA: University of Nevada, Reno (Psychology, Minor in Music)