Dr. Jungeun Lee, Ph.D.
This therapist has over 15 years of experience.
Jungeun Lee, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist practicing in South Korea. She was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea and has lived in several cities throughout Canada and the United States for her higher education in her twenties.
For the past 10 years, she has worked with clients who have emotion regulation difficulties coming from anxiety, depression, stress, relationship difficulties, substance abuse and personality disorders. She is also an external instructor at Kwangwoon University and Chung-ang University Graduate School where she teaches basic and advanced psychology classes and gender studies.
My primary therapy approach is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). I assume that a lot of psychological suffering comes from one’s difficulty managing negative emotions. The focus of my session is to understand causes of suffering, functions of different emotions, and learn skills to regulate unbearable emotions followed by applying skills to clients’ environments. Life can be very harsh and cruel, from time to time—full of waves. At the same time, you can learn how to surf them effectively and move with the flow. I would love to guide you along on that path.
- Adjustment Stress
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Bipolar Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Career Counseling
- Eating Disorders
- Self Esteem
- Social Skills & Peer Relationships
- Seoul (Sinsa)
I love reading and taking a walk. Traveling different parts of the world with my husband has been such a joy and adventure in my life! I also have an ambivalent (love and hate) relationship with exercising.
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Dartmouth College School of Medicine (2013-2014)
- PhD: University of Nevada, Reno (2013, Clinical Psychology)
- Predoctoral Psychology Intern: Yale University School of Medicine (2012-2013)
- MA: University of Nevada, Reno (2011, Clinical Psychology)
- BS: Chung-ang University, Seoul (2005, Psychology)
- Korean Clinical Psychological Association, Professional Clinical Psychologist (임상심리전문가 자격증 #1155)
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Mental Health Clinical Psychologist Level 1 (정신보건임상심리사 1급 #1020)
Adjusting to Life in Korea: Top 8 Solutions
Moving to a new country can be an exciting adventure, but it can also be a daunting experience. Korea is [...]
I Keep Hearing About CBT. What Is It Really?
If you’ve been exploring options for improving your mental health, you might have come across the term Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, [...]
The Big 5 Personality Assessment: A Scientific Alternative to the MBTI
Personality assessments have been around for a long time, and their popularity has only increased in recent years—especially in South [...]
Statement of Condolence: Itaewon
Seoul Counseling Center is deeply saddened by the tragic events that unfolded in Itaewon over the weekend and we send [...]