Jung Youn Lee Kim, M.S.
The approaches I mainly use in counseling/therapy are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and/or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I believe that individuals are the experts of their own lives. However, when we are under multi-layered life stress, we become weak and feel a loss of control. It is at this moment when we need someone who walks with us through the difficult time. As a therapist, I do provide empathy with a warm, genuine, and non-judgemental attitude. In a safe therapeutic relationship, I support individuals in exploring the situation they are in to better understand their unwanted emotions. Also, I support individuals in defining their values, life goals, and actions to reach their goals while respecting the individual’s self-determination. In doing so, individuals can learn not only effective ways to deal with difficulties but also how to live a meaningful life.
- Adjustment Stress
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Bipolar Disorders
- Couples Therapy
- Family Conflict
- Parenting Stress
- Trauma / PTSD
- Seoul (Sinsa)
I enjoy watching funny TV shows and listening to classic or eurythmic music. I also enjoy walking on the trail in the greenish woods when I have free time.
- MS: San Jose State University (2013, Clinical Psychology)
- BA: San Jose State University (2010, Psychology)
- BA: Sookmyung Women’s University (1982, Education)
- U.S. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA Board of Behavioral Science, USA, #121979)
- Korean Counseling Psychological Association, Counseling License (상담심리사 2급 #4356)
- Human Resources Development Service of Korea, Clinical Psychologist License (임상심리사2급 #17203240816H)