Min Chea, MSW
This therapist has over 11 years of experience.
Min Chea is a U.S. Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker.
She was born and raised in Seoul, Korea, and lived in different parts of America including Washington, New York, Chicago, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma.
She has been working at schools, psychiatric hospitals, and behavioral health care for years. She enjoys nature, cooking, listening to music, watching movies, and traveling. She has received clinical training in a variety of settings, including:
– New York State, Office of Mental Health
– University of Washington Medicine & Harborview Medical Center, Abuse and Trauma Center
– Washington State Association for Play Therapy
– Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs
I am trained in CBT+, DBT, EMDR, Play Therapy, and TF-CBT.
I work with children, teens, and adults dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and life transitions. I help clients increase insights, reduce emotional pains and enjoy life more.
We work together using evidence-based tools to reduce unwanted emotions, thoughts, and disruptive behavioral patterns and increase happiness, healthy relationships, and balanced lifestyles.
My approach to counseling is collaborative, non-judgmental, authentic, and playful. I look forward to meeting you and walking with you on your healing journey!
- Adjustment Stress
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Career Counseling
- Parenting Stress
- Self Esteem
- Social Skills & Peer Relationships
- Trauma / PTSD
- Seoul (Sinsa)
I enjoy nature, listening to music, watching funny movies, cooking, and travelling.
- MSW: University of Oklahoma (2005, Master of Social Work)
- BSW: Ewha Womans University (1999, Social Work)
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (WA, USA) (#LW61028547)
- MHP ( Mental Health Professional) in WA
- CMHS ( Child Mental Health Specialist) in WA
- CBT+ (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus, WA)
- TF-CBT (Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)